Online Bitcoin Casinos USA
Since its launch in 2009, Bitcoin has gone through the hoops to finally be recognized as an acceptable payment method in several establishments. It would have been a tall order a few years ago finding a USA online casino that accepts cryptocurrency, but that has since changed.
Ease of use, anonymity, and security are some of the leading factors that have seen casinos change their attitude toward this payment method. The fact that you can transfer credits through your phone to a Bitcoin casino and start playing almost immediately has an appeal that conventional banks may never have on users. Add no charges to this list of advantages, and you understand the hype.
Best Online Casinos That Accept Bitcoin
What are Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency?
Cryptocurrency is a digital, virtual currency secured by cryptography. It is impossible to counterfeit or overspend, thanks to its unique technology of mining and tracking through an entire expenditure. These currencies are usually decentralized and tracked through blockchain technology involving an extensive network of powerful computers. The word “cryptocurrency” is derived from the various complex encryption techniques used to come up with these digital currencies. Their decentralized structure makes it possible for these currencies to exist outside the control of central governments, hence giving users a form of anonymity that becomes an attractive feature for most bitcoin gambling sites the world over.
There are numerous cryptocurrencies, but the first and most relevant is Bitcoin, launched in 2009 by an unknown individual or entity, Satoshi Nakomoto. The initial amount of a minable Bitcoin established by Nakamoto was 21 million, and as of 2019, about 18 million had already been mined. The current market value for BTC is roughly $214 billion, representing over 67% of the total crypto market. This value fluctuates at the slightest provocation, leading to known economists referring to cryptocurrency as a huge gamble.
At the heart of cryptocurrencies is the blockchain technology that keeps an online ledger on every transaction made, and these records are available to the public. Each transaction made is tracked through this ledger that a user can access from anywhere in the world. Experts see this technology changing the game in more aspects of life than one; crowdfunding, data, and information sharing in the medical field, online voting, and even streamlining payment processing to lower costs at conventional banks. Several organizations and countries are already using blockchain in other ways than cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin Pros and Cons
While quite many casinos now accept BTC as a form of payment, some still overlook it for various reasons. Some non-bitcoin casinos feel the notoriously volatile nature of cryptocurrency makes it a risky method that can never compare to the stability of fiat currency. At the same time, others believe it could disappear the same way it appeared. Those for it like the flexibility, security, and ease of transacting. Here are some pros and cons to mull over as you look into BTC gambling.
- Anonymity and security
- Decentralized and so they are not as scrutinized as fiat currency
- No transaction charges
- Immediately available to use once you credit your casino account
- You can make transactions straight from your phone or PC
- Exchange rate volatility
- Still, so many casinos that don’t accept cryptocurrency
- Transfers sometimes take a while when the network is lagging
- You’d have to open and operate a BTC wallet to deposit at a crypto casino
How to Make a Bitcoin Casino Deposit
The first step, even before making a deposit, is finding the best bitcoin casino since not all accept this form of payment. After going through reviews and games list to see that it really does fit your preference, you can go right ahead and make your deposit. The best bitcoin casinos make the balance available almost immediately so you can start placing your bets almost as soon as the credits are in your account.
Step 1: Open an account at your bitcoin casino USA of choice.
Step 2: Head to the ‘cashier’ section of the casino’s website to make your deposit.
Step 3: At the drop-down menu for deposit methods, select “Bitcoin” and then wait to receive a unique web address for your account.
Step 4: You will be redirected to your Bitcoin wallet to input this unique address.
Step 5: Enter the amount you wish to transfer and then confirm the transaction.
Step 6: The transaction is effected and funds sent to your account within minutes unless there is a lag in the system.
Before depositing BTC in your BTC casino account, you will need to set up an account for a bitcoin wallet for which there are several options at bitcoin.org. You can either buy bitcoin from a trader or mine them yourself. After this, you will be ready to start making transactions.
How we rate Bitcoin casinos
We follow a thorough process when selecting crypto gambling sites to recommend to our users.
Make Small Deposits then Test the Customer Service
After going through lists of the best Bitcoin gambling sites online, we open an account. We make a small deposit to test the speed of transactions and then test the speed of customer response. When things work correctly, top Bitcoin casinos have the account credited within minutes, and we can start playing right away. We also check through the terms and conditions to ensure that the casino only uses collected data for purpose intended.
Bonuses and Rewards
We are big on bonuses, and so we keenly check what is offered at the particular cryptocurrency casino then. We accept these bonuses so we can analyze their terms and associated playthrough requirements. The best cryptocurrency casino even gives special bonuses to cryptocurrency users as a form of enticement.
Here we look at licenses to ensure the BTC casino is accredited and allowed to operate within the selected jurisdiction. We also look at SSL certificates to ascertain that communication between the dealer and users is encrypted for its safety. Gambling houses also need to have their games audited for fairness and display their eCOGRA certificates.
We chat up the support team through all available options, and while at it, we favor those with several communication channels. We test email, live chat, and phone numbers, and record the time it takes to get a response with each.
We look at options given players for withdrawal of their winnings, the time it takes to process payments, and the limits for each method. We note whether players can use the same method of withdrawal as they did deposits.
Alternative Payment Methods
When playing at Bitcoin casinos the USA, the preferred payment method is undoubtedly BTC, but sometimes things fail to work ideally. We like to have alternatives in case of any system failures. Preferred options include other eWallets such as Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, PaySafeCard, and eventually conventional banks though slower than the rest. Our top methods are those that require little set-up time and are as effective as BTC for both deposits and withdrawals.
Why use Bitcoin at online casinos?
There are several reasons why crypto casinos are gaining momentum in the US and other parts of the world.
BTC transactions are easy to use and secure since they are conducted through blockchain technology. This public ledger is transparent and made even better by its inability to duplicate transactions. As long as players open wallets, they are able to gain BTC through mining and/or trading and then use them for transactions at an online Bitcoin casino.
Bitcoin eliminates transaction fees for each deposit and withdrawal. It is also fast since all you need to do is log in and effect a transaction that is acted on within minutes. Conventional banks charge steep commissions and take longer to process payments. The first step is always finding the best Bitcoin casino USA, then depositing credits from your BTC wallet and then transferring it to your casino account. That is all it takes to enjoy gambling using BTC!
Bitcoin Casinos FAQ
- What’s Bitcoin?
- Bitcoin is a digital currency launched for the first time in 2009 by an unknown person/entity, Satoshi Nakamoto. It is mined using powerful computers and transacted through a technology known as blockchain – a public ledger. BTC is usually stored in eWallets and can be transacted through the phone or PC. Because the currency is decentralized, it is not controlled by any government in the world. Thanks to blockchain, each transaction made through this currency leaves a digital footprint.
- Can I make a deposit at an online casino via BTC?
- Yes, you can deposit into a crypto casino USA account online using BTC as long as the casino has listed BTC as one of its payment methods. There are several Bitcoin casino US options these days if you check online.
- Are BTC deposits safe?
- Yes, they are since only you can access your eWallet. You will be redirected to your wallet to confirm the transaction before a deposit is effected.
- What’s the average time for transactions?
- It could be anything between 1 and 10 minutes or extended periods of about half an hour, depending on how the system behaves. If the blockchain network is lagging, which isn’t usually that often, it may take half an hour for transactions to reflect; otherwise, it’s immediate on most BTC gambling sites. Note: When you have several transactions, each will be processed individually, and so it eventually takes a minute on average with all factors held constant.
- Are there any fees?
- There are no transaction fees when you deposit Bitcoin from your wallet to your new USA crypto casino account. This quality is one of the major attractions of cryptocurrency.